In 24 hours, Espírito Santo registered 21 new deaths and 439 confirmed cases of coronavirus. As a result, the number of deaths rose to 418 and that of confirmed cases to 9,959. In all, 4,660 patients have already recovered from the disease.
The information was released around 7:40 pm on Saturday (23), on the Covid-19 Panel, a digital platform of the State Health Department that shows notifications of the disease, in real time.
In addition to the figures collected by the public network, the system also includes data from the private network of the State and all municipalities.
The disease is transmitted by droplets of saliva and phlegm that spread throughout the environment. As there is no specific treatment for the disease so far, it is essential to maintain some precautions such as social isolation, recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO) and respiratory etiquette:
– Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and water;
– Use alcohol-based hand antiseptic for cleaning;
– Cover the inside of the elbow with the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing;
– Use disposable tissue for nasal hygiene;
– Avoid touching mucous membranes of the eyes, nose and mouth;
– Do not share objects for personal use;
– Clean the room regularly and keep it ventilated.